I am an experienced editor of wine books and journals, with some experience of travel book editing too.
From July 2015 – January 2017, I was editor of the Circle of Wine Writers journal – Circle Update, co-ordinating and editing eight editions, issued as pdfs. From June 2014 – March 2015 I was the acting editor of the on-line magazine on Wine-Searcher, responsible for posting 10-15 news and feature articles per week, written in-house and by a team of worldwide contributors. I have also worked as a freelance researcher, editor and proof-reader for several specialist wine book publishers on books by Oz Clarke, Monty Waldin, Andrew Jefford and Tom Stevenson among others.
I have experience translatating French wine texts and websites into English.
I can offer the following services:
- Translation and/or correction/editing from French to English of Wine Producer brochures/websites
- Blog post and website copy editing and proofing
- Email for a quote.
Editing and Translation projects I have undertaken include:
- Editor of Circle Update, the Circle of Wine Writers journal July 2015 – January 2017.
- Acting editor of Wine-Searcher June 2014 – March 2015.
- Contributing writer for the Michelin Green Guides for Franche Comté (published 2011) and French Alps (published 2012).
- Translation of the Savoie wine website into English (no longer live).
- Translator and Editor of a wine and venue website for a winery in Geneva in 2007.
- Editor of AWE Inspiring News, the Association of Wine Educators journal from 2001 to 2006.
- Consultant wine editor for the English translations of the (French) Hachette Wine Guide in the early 2000s.
- Copy editor for Monty Waldin’s Wines of South America 2002
- Map Researcher for Oz Clarke’s Wine Atlas early 1990s
“Wink is a knowledgeable wine editor, researcher and consultant; and has additionally acquired an excellent understanding of online social networks and communities in her fields.” Adrian Webster, Chairman & CEO, Websters International Publishers Ltd.
I edited all the guides and other text for the website Wine Travel Guides … that’s around 500,000 words.
I was also the managing editor for my own award-winning book, Jura Wine.